Wednesday, October 12, 2011

LOCAL FLAVOR

The weather is changing...I'm sure you're well aware of how the season work and I'm somewhat sure you don't read this here electric idea catcher to read obvious statements.  Speaking of which, why are you here???  
What I’m not so sure you know is fall is the best time to hole up in a coffee shop.  I’m not talking about mega-huge national coffee houses; I’m talking the local variety.  (Don’t get me wrong, I’ve spent more hours than I could ever count at national coffee chains and I’ve loved almost every minute of it.)  
Sure, you may have to pay a little bit more per cup, you may not have the convenience of a parking lot, you may have to wait a little bit longer for the coffee to be made since you don’t have 14 high-school kids swarming behind the counter but does any of that matter?  Apparently not.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m as busy as the next guy or gal but if I’m going to take a walk on the wild side and be all crazy by paying for something I could easily make at home in the time it takes to drive to the coffee shop then I want to enjoy the experience.    
Don't get all excited and drink your local coffee too fast...you'll burn your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment