Tuesday, October 11, 2011

HUNGRY HIPPO

Maybe it's because I'm on this "diet" kick, maybe it's because I really liked the game Hungry Hippos as a kid, maybe it's because I'm weird and over think things.  Whatever the reason the other day while watching BluDog eat all I could think was how much he resembled a Hungry Hippo.  

When he eats he doesn't just keep his head in the food bowl  and he most definitely doesn't slowly lower his head to the bowl when he wants to take a bite.  He forcefully thrusts his head down into the bowl just as a child forcibly pushes the lever to make the hippo open his mouth and jerk to the center of the board. 

This made me start to wonder if most people move their mouth toward their food or let the hand do all the work and push the food entirely into the mouth.  Turns out, the majority of people, yours truly included, eat like hungry hippos.  I bet the next time you're at a restaurant you'll have, if only for a split second, the image of a bunch of brightly colored hippos sitting around tables.  Yup, betcha do.

No comments:

Post a Comment