Tuesday, September 20, 2011

PURE AWESOMENESS

For one reason or another I took about 2 weeks off from running.  Well, not exactly for one reason or another...I was basically lazy and then scared.  It was a slippery slope, I took a few days off and thought the first time I ran would be tough, so I just kept pushing it off and the more I put it off the more I dreaded that first run.  So that is how you take two weeks off in the middle of a training program.  Not a wise move when you have a marathon in about 6 weeks.

I got back on the horse last night.  I'm happy to report I had a great run...as close to cheetah like as I can get.  True, it was only a 5-miler, but I can't remember the last time 5 floated by so effortlessly.  It was almost as if I had little motors in my legs.  Maybe it was not hellish weather.  Maybe it was my legs were super fresh.  Whatever the reason I can only hope today's run is as perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment