Thursday, September 15, 2011

AMAZING

Today's weather that is.  If you weren't outside doing something, anything, to take advantage of this fine weather, well then, you sir, are an idiot.  You're probably like, oh yeah smart guy, what did you do that was so un-idiot...You sit right there and I'll tell ya a tale of this un-idiot and how his day was spent. 

I was so excited to start my day and take advantage of this weather that I decided my pup couldn't wait until the normal wake up time of 5 o'clock to get his first taste of the weather...yup, thought 3 in the morning was a much better time.  Let me tell ya, I was right. Slight breeze, crisp air, quiet as a church.  I didn't want to get all of my outside time at once, so after a few minutes I thought it best for us both to go back to bed for a few hours...just to let Mr. Sun catch up to us.

After work BluDog and I spent about 72 minutes (a rough estimate) outside.  We had a nice lil game of fetch (or as close as you can get to fetch with a 14 week old puppy), practiced our manners and tricks, and just chilled out by sitting in the sun.  I've waited an eternity to be able to be able to feel the sun without sweating my...my, well, without sweating a lot. 

Next on the agenda was to grill.  In all fairness, BluDog isn't much of a griller..I think it's the fact he lacks opposable thumbs.  Whatever.  He tried his best, and really that's all you ask for. 

And that brings us to the present.  Maybe I'll go for a run in a little bit, maybe I'll sit on the porch.  Maybe I'll have a small firepit...just so I can say I had one on a week night. 

Hope your outside time was as good as mine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment