Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WEEKEND IN PICTURES

I had some pretty big plans for this weekend, and decided to do something a little bit different.  I decided I was going to tackle my to-do list with camera in hand.  I would show both of my readers what I did by showing before and after pictures.  After I started snapping pictures, I realized I didn't really do that many things which could be captured by before/after pics.  I mean, I went for a run, how do you show that?  Maybe a picture of me before the run, eyes bright and full of optimism and then a picture of myself after, sweat pouring down my red face and shirt soaked?  No one wants to see that, so no photo evidence of that task.  So below are a few pictures that highlight my 3-day weekend.  Go me.

Hedge Trimming


Bought myself a new, well...my first ever, hedge trimmer.  How's that for celebrating America's birthday?  I felt weird getting electric instead of a gas, totally goes against my motto of "go big or go home."  But when you only have four bushes and two small shrubs to trim...

Made some ribs

Not the best, but a learning experience.  Next time they'll be even better.

Installed a new shower head


Don't get me wrong, the old shower head worked just fine if you liked a loud, shrill screech about 3 inches from your ear the whole time you're in the shower.  We're not talking a little screech, we're talking one you could hear throughout the whole house.  I guess Mr. Old Shower-head just wanted to make sure I was awake and ready to tackle another day, but that is what Mr. Coffee is for.

Beer tasting

So I wanted to expand my beerizon and went to an upscale liquor store and made my own 6-pack...here is where I should make it known that I know basically nothing about beer.  I know I like to drink some of it and I know that drinking too much of it will give you a head ache.  That is the extent of my knowledge.  So, basically I was picking out brews that had cool labels and names.  Well, believe it or not, but that strategy didn't work out.  Throughout the weekend the excitement of trying a new beer turned into an almost dread as I was about to take the first sip of an unfamiliar brand.   Turns out I am a terrible beer-picker-outer and I should stick to my regular flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment