Wednesday, April 23, 2014

TRAINING UPDATE


Last night's 30-mile ride was a lot smoother than my first long ride.  Luckily, I was able to learn from my mistakes and correct a lot of the issues.  I had plenty of water, took along some food to keep my energy from dropping throughout the ride, and wore gloves to help save my hands. 

While this ride was much better, I also learned a few more things.
  1. I really, really need bicycle shorts with padding
  2. I should buy some glasses with clear lenses.   It was an overcast evening so I couldn't wear my sunglasses...I had about 17 bugs fly in my eye.  Not cool.
  3. I would like (not need) a smaller backpack.  I'm thinking a cycling specific camel pack.  My pack gets the job done, but it is a beast of a thing (It's a multi-day pack).  Smaller might be better.
  4. I need to learn to use my new clipless pedals.  Hopefully this will be done by weekend's end with minimal falling.  Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment