Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MEET WILLIS

This is Willis.

Meet Willis, my new road bike.  We are going to be spending quite a bit of time together over the next couple of months, so I wanted to introduce him properly. 

Our maiden voyage, a 35 mile ride on the Cherry Creek and Platte River trails, was great.  I even managed to learn a few things along the way.
  1. One water bottle is not enough for that distance.  I was out of water by mile 12. I now have two...and will most likely get two more
  2. A snack of some sort would be great, and even necessary, for a ride this long.
  3. You should always carry some cash or plastic in case learning points 1 or 2 are realized (This was just stupidity on my part.  I follow this rule on my long runs and it should have been a no-brainer on a bike.) 
  4. By the end of the ride, I realized why cyclists wear those fingerless gloves.  I now have some.
  5. I also realized a bike jersey (with the pockets on the back) would be very beneficial.  I now have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment