Friday, April 25, 2014

SOMETIMES YOU’VE GOTTA PROVE IT



Was going to a concert on a week night when I had to wake up early the next day the smartest idea?  Probably not.  Was it worth it?  Most definitely.

When my friend mentioned she was going to a concert at a cool venue, which, had been on my “must check out” list, I felt compelled to buy two tickets.  I mean, why would she lie when she said it would be an awesome show and a great night?  Well friends, she was telling the truth. 

Sometimes I feel the need to prove to myself that I’m still capable of doing the same things I used to take for granted.  Even though I have a very active and busy life (busy training schedule, work schedule, and life schedule) I often feel like an old man.  “Oh, its 9:15, I should probably head to bed” comes to my mind more times than I care to admit. 

Sometimes, I think it is important remind myself that I’m 32 and not 55.  Old Man mentality and tiredness be damned…off to the concert I went.    

Disclaimer: I didn’t do everything exactly like I would have 10 years ago…I didn’t start the night off at a bar and didn’t end the night at a bar.  (Seriously, how did I used to stay out til 4 a.m. then go to work the next day?) 

I had a great time and the show was high-energy.  You couldn’t really ask for anything more from a Thursday night

Happy Friday.

Here is a sampling of the awesomeness. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment