Friday, April 4, 2014

MAKIN' BEER & LOSIN' FINGER TIPS



I’m a little late on this update…but I suppose better late than never.

I’ve got a buddy who has the knack for making some of the best beer on this side of the Mississippi.  So, when he asked if I wanted to come hang out and learn a thing or two while he was making a new batch I instantly agreed. 

I took as many pictures as I could to try and capture the event but just as we were starting a situation occurred which caused the lesson to be shortened.  I’m sure you’re like, “What?!?! What type of thing could cause a master to halt his craft before completion?”  I’ll tell you—his wife chopped a portion of her finger off and he had to take her to the ER.

Below are the pictures I was able to capture of the brewing process and the finger emergency.  Beware, if you don’t want to see some pretty graphic pictures you should stop reading, close out of this post, and come back tomorrow.  You’ve been warned.

Picking up the supplies

All the ingredients
The start of the process.  Boiling water, hops, and malt added.
This is where the fun ended.



Cauterized to stop the bleeding. (Thanks for sending Scott)
Bandaged up and good as new...minus the missing piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment