Saturday, September 28, 2013

TRAVEL TIPS AND TIDBITS

1. Everyone see to hate the Dallas/Fort Worth airport but I thought it was OK.  Not the worst I've been in, not the best.

2. I think major airports should have bars and coffee shops open 24/7.  One traveler's midnight is another traveler's noon.  

3. When you're sitting next to a guy (on a midnight flight) who has headphones on, his hat pulled low, and has made to attempt to make small talk, there is absolutely NO reason to ask him where he is from.  This will result in a rude/dumbfounded look.

 4. Why do parents think it is OK for their 3 or 4 year old kid to act like a complete heathen?  I get it, long flights can be grueling for even a seasoned traveler so I'm sure it's awful for little ones.  But, that does not give them the right to intrude on a stranger's personal space. I may be a jerk for saying this, but I don't know you're kid, they are not related to me so I don't have to like your kid, and I don't think it is super cute when they stand on the chair next to me and jump up and down while drinking, and spilling, soda.  Control your kid or take them to a unpopulated area in the terminal for them to blow off steam.

  5. If I were in charge, I’d load planes in the exact opposite way it is done now.  The lower your boarding number, the sooner you would board.  Why should the people who shelled out the serious cash for first class have to sit on the plane longer than anyone else (and no, I’ve never sat first class, I’m always in the back).  I think first class should be last on and first off. 

      I would also change the way the overhead bins work.  Each seat would be have a designated space in a bin, so there would be no need to get on the plane early to have a spot for your luggage.  Actually, if it were up to me, no one would have carry ons…everything would be checked except what you could carry in your hands sans bag.  This would eliminate the overly-long and slow process of getting off the plane.





  




No comments:

Post a Comment