Thursday, September 5, 2013

FIXED

One of my iPods is about 10 years old.  For the past few years it has been playing this little game, "Will I Work or Won't I"?  The game is really stupid and has the potential to be very frustrating.  For the past year or so the answer has been steadily, "No, I won't work". 

I came across the old iPod the other day while cleaning out boxes and thought, this is your last chance, you'll work or you'll be thrown away.  Pushed the button and nothing.  Fine, into the trash. 

But before I could toss it my curiosity got the better of me and I couldn't help but take it apart to see what the insides looked like.

I pried the outer case open with a knife and started poking around.  All of a sudden, the screen flickered and stayed on.  When I closed the case and pushed "play" it started working again.  So now I have a working iPod.  Needless to say this was enough to keep it out of the trash.

Just goes to show what a pocket knife and a little curiosity can accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment