Monday, September 9, 2013

PURE AWESOMENESS

Some weekends are just OK, some are downright terrible, and some are so awesome it feels like a dream.  Well my 2 faithful readers, this weekend was on the awesome side of things. 

Awesome Event #1:
Took my trek down to a local sporting goods consignment shop and traded it for a bike that actually fits the misses.  Now when she stops she can actually touch the ground.  I have to admit, she was a trooper for the past few months...never once did she complain about having to ride a bike 2 times too big.  Plus, just in time for the second awesome event of the weekend.

Awesome Event #2:
Tour De Fat.  Simply amazing.  I saw some cool and creative costumes and bikes (my personal favorite was two bikes connected together and made to look like a pirate ship).  Although it was so hot the sidewalk was melting we still had a good time.  Meeting up with some long lost friends helped keep everything leaning towards awesome.

Awesome Event #3:
Tried my hand at yoga. It was much tougher than I thought it would be.  Aside from feeling like a stiff, inflexible fish out of water it was really fun.  The cool part was we were down town in a city park, so for the few moments that my body was contorted in the direction of the city and I could see through my burning sweat-filled eyes, I could see the skyline.  Pretty awesome.

Awesome Event #4:
Football season.  Watched the Packers' season opener with another set of friends.  Although they lost, it was still great spending my Sunday watching football and eating chili.  If our defense gets better, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I Like the thought of a sporting goods consignment shop. Too bad they don't have anything like that in borinois.

    Found a sporting goods surplus store while in Arizona, that was truely awesome.

    ReplyDelete