Wednesday, September 18, 2013

NIGHT LIFE

Thanks to a generous co-worker we were able to go to the Rockies/Cards game last night.  It was a beautiful night for a game and it was nice to do something different in the evening.  And tonight of course, is running club. 

These two post-work activities help me realize there is more to life than working, eating, preparing for tomorrow, and repeating.  Sometimes its easy to forget there are activities you can, and should, do to relax and unwind during the week.  I know after running club I have a renewed energy and sense of accomplishment and "can do" attitude that drastically improves my mood and efficiency for the rest of the week. 

Waiting to do all of your relaxing on the weekend seems like too little payoff  for working 10+ hours a day for months on end.  By no means am I suggesting people need to go out and get wasted every week.  But I am saying that its important to do something to remind you what all the hard work is for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment