Wednesday, September 28, 2016

YOU SHOULDN'T DRIVE, IF...


Denver's traffic has gotten out of hand (and yes, I completely realize I'm not a native, so I could be considered part of the problem) and I've got a plan to fix it.

During the peak times, we'll say between 6:30 - 9 AM, and the afternoon rush, 3 - 6 PM, the roads should be reserved for those heading to and from work.*

Examples of those who should stay off the roads during these times:

  • Retired people in Buick's (or any other make and model...but Buick seems to be the crowd favorite)
  • Those rich enough not to have to work
  • Unemployed people (unless you're heading to find a job...and if this is the case, Go get 'em tiger and Good Luck!)
  • Stay at home moms who are trying to get their kids to the library early so all the good books are not picked over
I get it, sometimes it's nice to get a jump on the day. If that's your goal, leave your house early, grab some coffee and a book, and get to your destination before 6. Or, forgo the book and coffee and take a nap in the comfort of your front seat...I've done it more times than I can count and have lived to tell about it. 

Whatever your preferred method of killing time, do it and enjoy the quiet and solitude of an empty parking lot while you wait for whatever it is you're waiting for to open.


*Obviously emergency vehicles are exempt . What am I? An animal?

I'm hoping this makes the November ballot...I'll keep you updated.

As you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment