Tuesday, September 20, 2016

MOUNTAINS AND CAR


My state is awesome.

Within a few hours you can go from bustling metropolis to peace and quiet. From thousands of people to seven.

A few weeks ago my buddy (who is graciously allowing me to elk hunt with him this fall) recommended that we take a day-trip to the hunting grounds...to check it out, get a feel for the land, and get out of the city for a bit.

So Saturday morning we met in a parking lot and headed off. As an added bonus, both J and his family joined us. The crisp air, bright sun, breath-taking views made for a great day and was just what I needed. Not only did we scope out the land, but this trip also gave us the opportunity to take a step back and catch our breath.

All summer we've been going, what seems like, a million miles an hour. While this is great and a lot of fun has been had and memories made, it's always nice to slow it down for a bit. The drive there and back took about 7 hours. While this seems like a haul, it gave J and I some much needed alone time where we could chat, laugh, and just be.

To say I'm excited to head back to the mountains is an understatement. I can't wait for the hunt and camping trip. If I leave with a trophy buck or empty handed, I'm sure a great time will be had.



Oh Firebird. You and I have a love/hate relationship. While I'm super happy and fortunate to have you, you are the cause of a lot of stress. 

To bring all thousands of my readers up to speed (get it, car...speed...see what i did there) Lately the 'Bird and I have been playing this new game called, "Am I going to start?"

It's a ton of fun and usually leaves me cussing like a sailor...which means the car won that round.

The last time we played this was at the bottom of my driveway. Guess how that round ended...I had to hook it up to the jeep and pull it back up the drive. Then, I had a buddy come over and help me push it  back into the garage. 

After some internet research and a few trips to the local auto supply store (I am going to become best friends with the employees simply because I'm going to be there a lot) it was determined that it wasn't starting (this time) because the fuel pump was shot. 

According to the googler, this should be an easy fix. And, for the most part it was...well, it's not fixed yet, but the bad fuel pump has been removed. Now I need the new one to be delivered and I can install it. 

But there was some collateral damage. After an hour of struggling, I couldn't get the bolt connecting the fuel line to the pump off. I decided I was tired of losing this battle, so I cut the fuel line. Take that. I am hoping this sets an example for all other stubborn nuts and bolts so I won't have to do this to some other, more expensive part. 

Now, I am the proud new owner of a new fuel line, too! Don't be envious...you can get yourself one too from the ol' interwebs...it will take a few clicks and about $17. 

I'll keep you posted on this. 

As you were. 












No comments:

Post a Comment