Tuesday, August 23, 2011

REALLY?!?!?

The end of some runs are greeted with happiness, some with exhaustion, and others with a great sense of accomplishment.  Yesterday, the end of my run was marked in an odd way...A bee stung me.  


I'm sure you're thinking, "Well yeah, that sucks, but is it really that strange?  You run outside after all."  You've got a point, if I got stung on the shoulder, on the leg, back, arm, or any other easily accessible place it wouldn't be that weird.  I probably wouldn't even write about it (yes I would, who am I kidding?)  You know where I got stung, on my foot...right below my ankle to be exact.

Take a minute to look at your shoe-clad foot.  I mean, look at the amount of space between the side of your foot and your shoe...no, seriously, take 4 seconds to look at that small space.  Now factor in the fact I was running, so it was a moving target non-the-less.  Somehow a bee manged to get himself into my moving shoe and give me a present of a stinger in my foot.  Stupid bee didn't even ask if I liked stingers, he just assumed.  We all know what assuming does.  So that I was, on the path at forest park, running along on minute and the next ripping my shoe and sock off hopping around one foot.  Great way to end a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment