Friday, August 12, 2011

CLICK CLICK GOOD GOOD

Last night was Bludog's first night at puppy kindergarten and the lil' guy did great.  This particular class uses clickers in addition to food to show praise.  The clickers are cool, and the dogs seem to respond positively to them.

At first he was really timid and just wanted to hang out by JP and eat treats (told you he was smart).  But soon enough he was mingling with the other puppies and having a grand ol' time. 

I think this class benefited me more than the dog.  It might be possible that I'm expecting too much out of this 9-week old dog.  Is it too much to ask that he never have an accident inside, gets me the morning paper, and has dinner cooked, or at least started, by the time I get home??? Yeah, I didn't think so either. 

The instructors said he was doing really good, and that he was a very well behaved puppy.  That made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment