Thursday, August 25, 2011

GOT CHANGE

Today I was waiting for classes to start and I thought I would treat myself to an ice cold beverage of the diet variety.  Sadly, this thirst quenching  treat never reached my lips.  Not because I dropped it, or something silly like I all of a sudden decided a water would be healthier.  Nope, I simply didn't have the change in my bag like I thought I did.  Strike 1.

No biggie I said to myself, I've got a buck in my wallet and I'll just use that.  No dollar bill, but a 10.  Don't get me wrong, I love finding 9 extra dollars, but talk about winning to lose.  Strike 2.
 
For a split second I thought, "Sweet!  I'll ask someone if they can break my ten and I'll be able to get my drink and maybe even toss in a candy bar for my trouble. WINNING"  Bam, I snapped to my senses, who under the age of 45 would have 10 bucks in their pocket, especially the correct amount to be able to break my 10?  Toss that fact on top of the fact that I'm on a college campus.  Strike 3.

I didn't even ask anyone.  I ended up slowly and begrudgingly walking to the water fountain, a beaten man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment