Monday, October 14, 2013

RAN ON THE ROCKS

This past weekend I participated in the Run The Rocks 5K which supported the American Lung Association.  The run was held at Red Rocks which made for some spectacular views.  But, these views came with a hefty price-tag...hills. 

This might have been the most grueling 5K I've ever ran.  I'm a runner.  I have ran a marathon, I have ran a half-marathon, and I log some decent mileage each week.  This run flat out whipped me. 

The first 2 miles were mainly downhill...nothing tough about that.  Just had to keep my legs moving and let gravity take care of the rest.  The last mile was a different story all together.  It was all uphill, so much so that I should have used a ladder to get to the top.  I'll admit it...I walked almost all of the last mile. 

Even though I can't say I ran the whole thing I can say that it felt great to be physically pushed to the limit. 

Who cares about sore legs...after all, it was for a great cause and allowed me to run with some friends and co-workers.  Not a bad way to spend a weekend morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment