Tuesday, October 8, 2013

LAZY NIGHT

Last night I had what I like to call an "old man night".  I got home from work, ate dinner, watched about 4 hours of TV, read for an hour or so, then went to bed.  That was it, nothing productive was accomplished from the minute I stepped through the front door.  It was good but not great...they never are.

Every once in a while I get the urge to do absolutely nothing...and I do.  But by the end of the night I feel bad about it, like I wasted the night.  Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that my schedule allows for these nights on occasion, but I never feel as refreshed after them as I would if I were productive for a few hours and then watched 1 hour of TV.  I mean, was it really necessary to watch 4 episodes of Law and Order: SVU? 

Oh well, we've been traveling at break-neck speed for a quite a while now, so I guess a lazy night is good for you every so often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment