Monday, December 19, 2011

CLASSIC

Yeah, you saw that correctly.  This hear (get it) is an original Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon album straight from the 70s.

I was at Big Ron's the other day to celebrate Christmas and boy howdy, he was in the giving mood.  Not only did he give me some awesome presents, I mentioned that I'd like to borrow his turn table and BAM, it was in my hands.  Thinking I might as well press my luck and ask to borrow an album or two, because let's face it, with no records a turn table is just a rotating coaster.  What do ya know? BAM, my hands were full of classics. Floyd, The Doors, Beatles (for a moment, I thought better and put those back, no reason to be greedy or rude), and Joe Walsh.  I was as giddy as a fat man at an all you can eat buffet.  The whole trip home I planned what order I would play the vinyl and imagined how good they'd sound.  Once the needle made contact and the music started to play, I felt like I was in the middle of the revolution...so much so when I realized I wasn't wearing bell bottoms I was surprised.  Although this wasn't a Christmas present it was most definitely given with the same joy, warmth, and enthusiasm one would give a Christmas present. 

Thanks dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment