Friday, August 12, 2016

HELLO COFFEE

If you know me (which, I mean, I'm assuming you do since you're reading this amazing blog) you know that I like coffee. A lot. Nothing fancy, just french-vanilla from Dunkin' Donuts, but I drink it like it's going out of style.

So, you can imagine my disappointment when our coffee maker broke earlier in the week.

Monday started out the way most days do.  Get up, shower, dress, and head downstairs to get the coffee started and play with the dog. I expected to get in some doggie play time then head to work--coffee in hand and a smile on my face.

But NOPE.

I know when it's time to stop playing with Blu because our coffee pot makes a weird gurgling sound for a few seconds after the coffee is made. It's simple. hear the sound, quit playing with the dog.

Monday was different. It seemed like I had been playing fetch longer than normal. So I wrapped it up and headed to the kitchen. The pot was empty. Not a huge deal, I just forgot to push the button. A total rookie mistake but nothing that can't be fixed.

Then I realized the light was on. The button had been pushed. There was no coffee in the pot. Panic started to set in. This was turning into a huge deal.

I like to think that I am good at remaining calm during stressful situations, and sometimes I am. But not Monday. I did all I knew. Turned it on and off really fast. Nothing. Unplugged it and plugged it back in. Still nothing. My day was starting to take a turn for the worse.

I stared at the broken machine for minute, cussed it a few times, and left. No coffee in hand. No smile on my face.

Luckily, I had enough time to stop at a gas station and get a cup before making the drive into work. On the plus side, this station has some of the better gas-station coffee in the area.  Also, I hadn't been there in a long time, so it was good to catch up with the employees...and, they have a program that if you buy 9 cups, the 10th is free. So, I've got that going for me.

But don't you worry, you faithful readers, I headed out to the store early this morning and bought a new coffee maker. Now all is right with the world.

As you were.








No comments:

Post a Comment