Thursday, May 5, 2016

ROUTINES. LOVE 'EM OR HATE 'EM

I'm a routine kinda guy. And lucky for me, I've gotten back into the working out routine. Maybe it's the nice weather or maybe it's the fact that I was tired of not feeling great. Whatever the reason behind it, I'm happy it's here.

For years, my routine consisted of: work, coming home, working out, then doing whatever needed to be done in the evening. Day in and day out.

The only time this routine really deviated was when I was working as a laborer. Typically we worked at least 10 hour days. During the summer, records were being set for the most consecutive number of days over 100 degrees. During the winter, fighting the the cold zapped my energy. After 10+ hours pouring concrete or jack-hammering, it was all I could do to make it to my recliner. And despite not working out at the gym, I was in the best shape of my life.

Now I'm in a full-blown quest to get back into great shape. I've blogged about it before and I'm happy to report I'm pleased with the progress. Another couple of months and this goal should be met...just in time for the heart of summer.

Ok, now that you've heard more than anyone should about my working out and routine, get back to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment