Monday, May 2, 2016

BACK AND FORTH

For more than an hour I went back and forth...slow and steady. Not showing off, not falling behind (I was by myself, so it was easy not to fall to the back of the pack).

Yesterday was the first time I've swam since I trudged out of Lake Springfield during the first leg of my triathlon (more info on that here).

Leaning against the pool wall after my last lap, I couldn't help but smile. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did. I swam for 1.25 (much farther than my original plan of swimming a 1/2 mile). Sure, I was exhausted, but isn't that the point?

Knowing that I can swim this far after nearly 2 years of not swimming makes me want to see how far I can swim in one go (this is the exact mindset that led to running a marathon). I have decided that I'm going to try and swim 3 times per week for the foreseeable future.

My other fitness goal is to get back into biking during the week. Why should it just be a weekend thing? When it's all said and done, I'd like to be back to riding 100 miles per week (counting both road and mountain biking) which I think is more than do-able. A few 25 mile road rides and I'll rack up the miles pretty quickly. Now, I'm not saying either of these goals is going to be met instantly, or even easily, but I think it's good to have something to work towards.

As you were.

PS-That is most definitely not what the pool in my gym looks like...but why would you want to look at a poorly lit dungeonie looking pool?








No comments:

Post a Comment