Saturday, March 19, 2016

STILL TRUCKIN'

With the exception of a few mis-steps (I'm looking at you, happy hours) I'm still on the eating healthy and exercising regularly wagon...and I can tell.

Recently, I've been reacquainted with some old friends...
  • New old clothes...Shirts that had been relegated to the bottom of my drawer because they didn't fit are being reminded of what outside looks like
  • Hole on my belt...I've switched the hole I use on my belt (don't get too excited, this used to be my go-to hole)
  • Energy and strength...There you are. I've missed you. 
  • Pedal Pushing...Time and distance are increasing
All in all, I'm heading in the right direction. There is still a lot of work to be done, but progress is always nice to see.

We were hoping to make this the third weekend in a row we tackled the steps at Red Rocks and rode our bikes...but no go...the snow crashed that plan. Because I'm not hardcore enough to run the steps when they're covered in snow, I'm going to have to find alternative activities to fill my time.

If you're worried that I won't be able to find anything to do and will be forced to sit inside and quietly wait for Monday's arrival so I can go back to work, you don't know me at all. That being said, I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat wondering what I'm going to do to fill my time.

Well, lucky for you I've made one of my world-famous lists to help clue you in...

Things that will (most likely) take up my weekend hours:
  • Work
  • Laundry
  • Watching House of Cards
  • Practicing my new turkey call (Thanks A-Harp!!)
  • Maybe getting a new pair of work shoes, maybe
  • Going to the gym
  • Cleaning the house
  • Drinking coffee
  • Dusting off the ol' graphic design skills and working on a small project for J's school
  • Setting up my double-montior system in the home office (my company was giving away old monitors...and you know I rarely pass on the opportunity to take something that's free)
  • Shoveling the driveway
  • Watching basketball
  • Going to Cabelas
  • Grocery shopping
  • Meal prep
Now you know.  And like GI Joe says, "Knowledge is have the battle". 

No comments:

Post a Comment