Wednesday, February 12, 2014

ON THE FENCE

I didn't realize it until I was pulling into my driveway after driving home from work, but it was light outside for my entire commute.  This is great because it means spring and nicer weather are just around the corner...but the more I thought about it, the more I wondered if I was ready for winter to be over.

True, winter has a lot of factors I'm not crazy about.  Getting dark so early and making me hole up in my house like a hermit tops the list.  And true, there are so many great things about spring that the choice should be simple.  But this year I've been learning to ski and have really been enjoying it so much that I don't want it to come to an end.

The more I thought about it the more undecided I became.  After spending too much time going back and forth it dawned on me that Mother Nature is going to do her thing regardless of what I want.

So, I guess I'll stick with my tried and true motto: "Never wish past Friday"

No comments:

Post a Comment