Monday, February 3, 2014

FUNK


I think I have the soul of a hippy-mountain man.  

For the past week or two I have been in a funk.  Was it brought on by the cold weather, the fact that I have been perpetually exhausted, not working out, and eating like a pig?  Who knows.  But, I do know one sure fired way to break out of a funk.  Head to the mountains to do some sort of physical activity.

Hiking, skiing, canoeing, or running...no matter the activity I always feel amazing when I'm done.  It's like the funk just melts away and I return to my "normal" self.  When that happens I am typically able to take a step back and look at the bigger picture then figure out what needs to happen so the funk won't come back.  


Skiing this past weekend was no different.  On the drive there I was still feeling edgy and agitated and most definitely still in a funk.  After skiing for a couple of hours I felt like a new man who could do anything. 

Definitely worth the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment