Monday, February 11, 2013

30 DAY UPDATE

Red lined in overdrive...that is how I would describe today's productivity.  By far the most notable accomplishment was taking the time to go through my clothes (OK, mainly t-shirts and jeans) and decide what to donate. 

Was this so tough because I have a ton of clothes, all of which are high quality and slightly worn?  Nope.  It was so tough because I have two main mindsets when it comes to T-shirts.

1.  I'm a pack rat and overly sentimental.  Oh man!  I was wearing this shirt when [insert something cool only to you] happened...how could I ditch it?  Better save it for another decade or so. 


2.  By getting rid of shirts that no longer fit I am giving into reality.  Honestly, is it wrong to want to fit into shirts I wore when I was 18?  Just 15 pounds slimmer and I could totally rock that t-shirt from the no-name band I loved in high school...those guys totally got me.  I've been saying this for at least 12 years...all the while the shirts sat in a box.

But today I was tough.  Overall, I donated close to 100 shirts, a few pairs of jeans, and some button downs. 

I hope that someone out there truly values how precious these treasures are.

No comments:

Post a Comment