Thursday, February 7, 2013

30 DAY UPDATE: MONTH 2

Task 1: 1 hour of house work a day
This is going splendidly.  Getting a lot of stuff done and starting to see quite a bit of progress.

Task 2: Start a bed time routine/Fall asleep faster
(I realize something must be done for 30 consecutive days before it is a habit, so this might be a little flawed, but...) 

So far, I've tried the following...
Tactic:  Reading before bed. 
Hope:  Fall asleep while reading
Verdict:  The first night I read about 90 pages and was wide awake.  The second night I read about 115 pages and was wide awake.  After I quit reading I still laid awake for about an hour.  Fail.

Tactic: Download an app, Brain Wave Tuner, and listen to it while laying in bed.
Hope: These magic sounds would lull my head into a slumber
Verdict:  The app kept shutting off before I was asleep.  The sounds almost made me nauseates.  I only did it for one night but it didn't put me to sleep.  However, I will try it again.  Not fail, not pass.

Tactic:  Watch TV  until I fall asleep
Hope:  That by watching TV, my brain would be able to quit thinking about stuff and allow me to sleep
Verdict:  It worked, but I didn't enjoy waking up in my recliner in the middle of the night only to move to my bed.  Pass but fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment