Saturday, February 2, 2013

30 DAY-NEW CHALLENGE

During round two of this crazy idea two new challenges will be completed.

#1.  Spend an hour a day working on a household project. This can be anything productive from raking leaves to folding laundry to organizing my tool bench.  Because our house is almost always picked up and clean, this challenge isn't designed to make our house spotless, but rather help me check things off the to-do list.  My theory is that if I tell myself I will only work at a task for an hour, it won't seem so daunting because I'll be able to stop in no time.

#2.  Set up a "sleep routine".  For one reason or another, I don't sleep all that well.  On any given night, once I go to bed, I'll lay there for at least an hour (more often than not it's closer to two hours)before I nod off.  It has been this way for so long that it doesn't really effect my daily life, it is just annoying. 

I was recently made aware that I don't have a "sleep routine" meaning when I think it is time to head to bed, I'll stop doing whatever activity I'm doing and go lay down.  No setting out clothes for the next day, no making lunch...just brush my teeth and head to bed.  I've done some Internet research and one suggestion is setting up a routine.  Apparently this helps train your brain to transition from day mode to sleep mode, thus making sleep easier to come by. 

I'll let you know how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment