Wednesday, October 3, 2012

SCALE BACK

I've been back to the gym for three days in a row...longest stretch in about 5 months.  It makes me sad this "achievement" is blog-worthy.  I used to go every day like it was my job.  Anyway, I'm down 3.6 pounds.  A victory, albeit a small one, is sometimes worthy of celebration.

Although I've been actively searching for a job for the past 12 months or so I've really stepped it up lately.  Could it be that my seasonal job ended?  You bet it is.  I would have never thought it would be this difficult to find a job with a Master's degree and over 6 years experience.  What are the people who just graduated doing? 

I bet if all employees working in the retail, restaurant/bar, and other service industries were surveyed, a large percentage would have a college degree.  I'm also assuming this percentage would be higher than it was 15 years ago. Kinda makes you rethink what type of education (college or trade school) you'll push your kids toward, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment