Tuesday, July 3, 2012

THANKS???

It was a call I dreaded making, but I couldn't take it any longer.  I reluctantly picked up the phone and called our cable distributor.  Our internet had been decreasing its speed (and increasing my frusteration) for long enough.  After being allowed to speak to an actual human, I explained my problem and the help desk worker was all too happy to help.  She even was able to get a technician to my house within the next 2-3 hours.  I was instantly amazed at the customer service as it was drastically different than past encounters.  Then it hit me. 

The technician showed up (as scheduled) and was very polite and professional, but he informed me that his company no longer provided their customers with an all-in-one router-modem combo.  In fact, the company only provided the modem.  I was in-charge of getting the router.  I bought a router, and the $40 or so didn't break the bank, but that isn't the point.  Why didn't the lady on the phone explain this to me? 

The moral of this little story...if you're going to try to increase the positives associated with your brand, go all the way.  This company is lucky the technician was well informed and well spoken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment