Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DOUBLE STANDARD


Those of you fortunate enough to know me in real life are aware that some (a lot, actually) of my hair has turned what I call silver, but what others call gray. I've had gray hair since high school and it really doesn't bother me, after all, I could easily dye it and no one would know. The truth is, I actually like it because it is something a little different.

The odd thing is, when people realize this quirk they are typically surprised and almost always make a comment.  What if I was super short or way fat? Would people be so quick to point out that easy to see physical characteristic too?

Maybe the next time someone states the obvious about my hair's ability to change colors I should state something equally obvious about them.

We'll see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment