Sunday, February 19, 2012

MISSED-GRAS

For years I've been threatening to reduce the overall fun level at the Soulard Mardi Gras by not blessing it with my presence.  All threats were very idle and generally unbelievable and no one paid them any attention.  Until this year.  This year my friends, was different...I didn't go.  Not because I had some sudden surge of strength and suddenly felt like a "grown up" (because I didn't).  Nope, I didn't go this year because I picked up a part time job and was scheduled to work.   

Here are a few things I noticed while working and not partying.
1. I always assumed the whole city shut down for the Saturday of Mardi Gras...I was a more than wrong, and a little shocked, at the amount of people NOT in Soulard.

2. If you're in a public setting that's not the parade, there is no reason to wear your furry Mardi Gras themed pimp hat.  We get it, you're a party guy that people just love to be around, but take it down a notch bucko.

3. If you're talking to me and unable to stand up right by your own devises and you reek of booze, there is no reason to tell me once, let alone four times, that you've been to the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment