Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ALMOST DONE

My packing is almost done and I am super happy about that.  If there is one job that I hate in this world, it is moving.  Don't get me wrong, the end result is completely worth the pain of moving, I just hate it, pure and simple.  One thing I don't understand is how some people can honestly say they don't mind moving...are you serious?  It is at least 5 crappy jobs rolled into one major, never-ending, stressful job and you're telling me you don't mind it...do you like root canals smashing your thumb with a hammer too? 

During this move my theory of  packing the most important and breakable stuff first has been proven again.  I don't know how other people do it, but when I first start the packing process, I'm all like, "This is glass, better wrap it up in a ton of newspaper and gently place it in a box" by the end my thought process has changed dramatically to, "This   (insert fragile object here)  doesn't need any newspaper around it, and it will probably make the trip."  Same with moving furniture...it's amazing how a little scratch or knocked off corner doesn't bother me when I'm tired of moving.  Turn the dresser on it's side and gently walk it through the door?  Nope, lets keep it how it is, which requires less lifting, and run at the door as fast as possible, it will probably make it...if not, ehh, it was old anyway.

For all you fellow movers out there, don't forget to lift with your legs and not your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment