Friday, December 21, 2018

WORKING ON THE LIST - # 9


For those of you who haven't memorized my list yet, number 9 is, "create a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable". This item directly relates to the next item on the list, which is to "get down to 205".  (I seriously hope all you dear readers memorize the list quickly, 'cause I don't want to have to hold your hand and spoon feed you for the rest of the year. So...chop chop.)

For more years than I can remember, the holiday season was the end of my working out for the year. But not this year. Nope. They are going to live together and be happy about it, dammit.

So, how am I going to make this happen? To create this universe where these two things that have never lived together, live together? Well, sit back and let me tell ya.

I thought back to all of the advice I've received over the years from a lot of wise men and women and the one piece that kept coming back to me was the old acronym, KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

So, I made a schedule. (Doesn't get much simpler than that...and I didn't just write down random days. I took a honest look at what we've got going on for the next week or so, and made a realistic list of what is doable. On those days, working out will be my number one priority.

Oh, I used to have a mustache..now I rock a beard. That's the reason you don't recognize me in the above photo. 

So, wish me luck - or don't.

As you were.


No comments:

Post a Comment