Tuesday, April 2, 2013

HEAVE HO

Because it was raining when I got up, and I knew there was no way I was going to park close to my office, I opted for a bit more casual look today...dress pants (not slacks) and a pullover sweater-ish top, and brown dress shoes.  (I typically wear dress slacks and a button down.  Yes, I would put these clothes a little bit higher on the dressy list, but not by much.)  Mind you, I've never claimed to be super fashionable, but I thought I looked OK.  I was wrong.  The first thing one co-worker said to me was, "Are you planning on moving furniture today?  You're soooo casual".  What do you say to that??? 

It's like when people tell  me, "Whoa, you've got a lot of gray hair" or "You've gotten so much grayer since the last time I saw you".  No shit. You don't think I look in the mirror?  Plus, since I've been getting gray hair since high school, you're not exactly letting me in on a secret.  My new reply is, You gotten so______ enter [fat, ugly, many more wrinkles, etc]. 


No comments:

Post a Comment