Monday, April 11, 2011

Fish are a' Fryin'

It is Friday at 4:30 p.m. and you're in a small town filled with old people.  Where is the most hoppin' place in town?  The church fish fry of course.  That's right, by 5:00 p.m., I, along with about 55 other people (all over the age of 72) had already eaten dinner.  So, while all of you were just getting off work and heading for happy hour or a patio to take advantage of the nice weather, I was already done eating.  Suckers.  But, I really did enjoy spending time with my grandma, so it was all worth it.  The way I look at it, I will probably have more opportunities to enjoy nice weather or go to a bar than spend time with her, so it was totally worth it.  Plus, since dinner was done by 5:00, I still had plenty of time to take advantage of the weather. 

This weekend was the first time I turned on my AC for the year.  I'm all too happy keep the heat off for as long as possible in the winter, because by my logic, it doesn't cost a dime to put on a sweatshirt or two.  But the first time I get even the slightest feeling of getting warm and have any questions about the windows being able to cut it, I turn on the AC.  You're welcome power company.

Other noteworthy events consisted of getting a lot of wedding stuff done, having dual exhaust put on the truck, and learning that Sonics have good lime slushies (although I've yet to prove this statement personally), and making a homemade pizza.  Overall a nice lil' weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Matt it also works when your car breaks down on I55 and you are looking for your Grandma to borrow her car.Where do you find her? THE FISH FRY

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to include that everyone in the joint knew who You were. They remembered when You were a little tyke, and Your proud Grandparents drug You to all kinds of events like that.

    ReplyDelete